December 18, 2007

More Bucilla Kit Work

Last night I continued working on the Bucilla kit. Today I focused on work in wool, completing a satin stitch section and also a second lamppost. The second lamppost went much better than the first. It is much easier to do the split stitch in wool as the wool seems to keep its tension better during the process (or perhaps I got better overnight).

I am currently trying to decide if I should work down or across from the left corner. My inclination is to go across because there is a huge section of satin stitch there, as opposed to the huge section of French and Colonial knots.

I am not afraid to say I will switch to one of the beginner kits I have on the way -- I am really looking forward to Turnberry Ridge by Jean Hilton. I can only hope they come this week!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Sarah,
I have enjoyed hearing about your experiences and approach as you learn to needlepoint, and how brave you are to jump right in there. I hope this break in your blogging just means you are so involved with your new kits and having so much fun you haven't had time to keep us updated. Keep stitching.