February 16, 2008

Turnberry Ridge: Eyelets

I have been working on Turnberry Ridge and I have to confess -- I have deviated from the stitch order presented in the booklet. I skipped two of the corner triangles done in Neon Rays for two reasons:

- I love the look of Neon Rays but was getting frustrated working with it. I decided to move on to something I felt I could be more successful with to rebuild my confidence and then go back.
- The two remaining triangle patterns are not as appealing to me. Granted, I can substitute patterns in here, but I really want to experience all the stitches in the project.

Instead I have been working the eyelet stitches. These stitches use a very light-hued, lightweight thread but still standout quite well (although not so much from a distance). I thought they would be a snap but since each one is made up of about 12 sub-stitches, it actually takes quite awhile (and quite a few lengths of thread).

I am not quite done with them but my next effort will probably be to weave in the ends from all my away knots. I usually let them build up quite a bit -- unless they are very dark colored threads) in the hopes they will gradually get buried as I work further. Sometimes this works out but normally it does not.

No comments: