March 25, 2008

Turnberry Ridge: Tent Stitch

I have progressed on Turnberry Ridge to the tent stitch (aka basketweave) in the middle of the piece. At first, this was a very interesting endeavor as a seemingly simple stitch is quite complex in execution, mostly from a planning standpoint. I was very cautious in starting and fortunately have not seen any canvas warping that apparently can come with tent stitch even when correctly done.

However, I have found, now that I have the basics down, that it is a pretty boring stitch to me. I greatly admire people who can do entire canvases in tent stitch because I. Would. Go. Insane. As a result, I've been focusing on knitting more than needlepoint recently, I think. I need to buckle down and get through it, as it looks like the following stitches are going to be really fun.

No comments: